Delta Mortising Attachments and Quill Diameter?

I tried to shim one on quite a few years ago and remember not being too impressed with the results. However, I have to admit that I'm not a big fan of mortising attachements. Dedicated mortiser is better and even though I have one I prefer jigs that I have made to use a router. Much cleaner and better dimension control.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I need help and advice regarding Delta or Grizzly mortising attachment. Can a Delta yoke attachment quill collet size

1-7/8" (48mm) fit a Delta drill press with quill diameter 1-3/4" (44.4mm)? If the clearances are too large how, would you shim it to fit a smaller quill?

Delta's mortising attachment kit came with 66mm (2-5/8"),

50.8mm (2"), 48mm (1-7/8") and 38mm (1-1/2") collets. .
Reply to
Nick