Delta 33-890 RAS replaces POS

We just finished installing a new 12" Delta RAS in the shop today. It's nice, but I'm not sure that we wouldn't have been better off with a really high end SCMS, in light of the fact we did very little with our old RAS other than 90d x-cutting. At $1589, it wasn't cheap either.

Assuming you had $1600 to toss around, what tool would you get in the RAS/SCMS arena?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Depends on what you plan to do with it. If all I did was 12 - 14 inch

90 degree crosscuts, I'd probably go with the SCSM and spend the rest on something else. I use my RAS for enough different applications, I couldn't substitute an SCSM.

rhg

Jay Pique wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Look at the offerings from Wolfe Machinery for a good used 12" 7790 DeWalt, a superb saw.

Rumpty