Delta 22-560 planner

Has anyone had the rollers stop moving? the motor runs and the blade spins but the rollers(both of them ) just stopped moving. any thoughts or suggestions?

Len

Reply to
tax.consultant

Open that puppy up. Broken belt. Cheap part.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Most likely, that is the problem.

Another: Jammed with wet or high in resin sawdust? The buildup of highly resined yellow pine had jammed the rubber roller on my (new)

15" plainer (first time using it). It was a pain to clean that crap from there.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Mike is dead on the money. Same thing happened to my Hitachi. Hardest part is getting a new belt. JoeG

Reply to
GROVER

When I'm in that situ, I generally order several copies of the offending components. It's usually a whole lot cheaper. Shipping on a small, lightweight item is $8 for 1,2, or 3 pieces.

-- Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace. -- Robert J. Sawyer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

thanks guys I thought as much. but I cannot get the last screw to loosen(it is always the way when you need the machine to work)

len

Has anyone had the rollers stop moving? the motor runs and the blade spins but the rollers(both of them ) just stopped moving. any thoughts or suggestions?

Len

Reply to
tax.consultant

This likely easily take care of the screw:

Has anyone had the rollers stop moving? the motor runs and the blade spins

Reply to
Jack Stein

head if it's burred up.

-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Reply to
Larry Jaques