Deck work - Cleaning and Polishing

Hello,

We have a small wooden deck that I would like to clean and polish it up. The previous owner maintained it well (since the wood is still good).

I am not a handyman type person. Having disclaimed my talent in this area, where do I start? What tools do I need? Any advice on how to make the deck look good is greatly appreciated. My wife and I are planning to invite some friends this summer. I would like to start working on it now.

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ

Reply to
Neil Jones

You can use a detergent and household bleach to clean the deck. Use

1/2 c.TSP, 1/2 c. bleach to 1 gallon of warm water in a garden sprayer. You can use the product "Jomax" instead of the TSP. A long-handled brush, garden hose, and old clothing is helpful. Allow 2 weeks to completely dry before applying a stain.
Reply to
Phisherman