Dealing with "them"

My husband is busy making the our new kitchen cabinets -- quarter sawn cherry framework with stunning curly maple door panels and drawer fronts. It will be "to die" for! When I described the cabinets to my co-worker, he asked, "And then are you going to stain them to match?"

ARRRRGGGGGG!

Indyrose

Reply to
Indyrose

yep. there are just some people you can't talk to about woodworking...

Reply to
bridger

You did, of course, tell your co-worker that you were going to paint your new kitchen cabinets with [insert trendy color more recent than "avocado" or "harvest gold"] latex. (-:

Reply to
Morris Dovey

And how hard did you hit him???.............

Brian

Reply to
Brian in Hampton

Better idea: Get a Woodgraining Kit and you can make those puppies look just like pine. mahalo, jo4hn

i guess that we has met the enemy and "them" is us. apologies to Pogo.

Reply to
jo4hn

Tell "them" that you intend to wallpaper the doors.

Reply to
Bill Schnakenberg

Darn, I didn't know you know my wife!

Reply to
Steve

Well, are you?

Reply to
MikeG

Tastes vary...

I've seen and done beautiful woods with and without stain. Curly woods can look GREAT in some settings dyed.

You might be surprised what goes on every day in architectural woodworking. Some of the most beautiful stuff you've ever seen has probably had some sort of chemical color alteration.

It's all about the look!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Woodworking, cooking (Campbell's makes a good cheese soup too) , photography (wow, you got lucky on that snapshot), small batch bourbon (do you have ginger ale?) and on and on.

Some people are very happy going through life with nothing better than macaroni and cheese and polyester. You can't educate them all. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Heh. Its just like when I kept reef aquariums, which centers around the beauty and growth of the corals. The first thing EVERYONE would say when they walked up to the aquarium was "Why don't you have more fish in there?"

*sigh* You just grin and bear it. It's not there to please "them".

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

"Brian" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Might be better to look on these occasions as an opportunity for some old fashioned prosletysing. You never know, you could win a convert.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

One of my grandfathers rented a newly-built place to some people who proceeded to cover all the varnished interior wood with white paint. He tried to sue them over this but lost, and I suspect that the judge wore a plaid robe.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

One of my grandfathers rented a newly-built place to some people who proceeded to cover all the varnished interior wood with white paint. He tried to sue them over this but lost, and I suspect that the judge wore a plaid robe.

Reply to
Johnny Hageyama

St. Soozan once had a co-worker who insisted some furniture she'd just purchased was cherry oak (or was it cherryoak).

She was adamant about it even after St. Soozan es'plained to the lady about cherry, oak and stains.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Is that like fruitwood? I know someone that had furniture that was fruitwood. It looked like some sort of cherry stain, but what do I know? Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

To add: "But I like wine out of a box, that's been open a a month, unrefrigerated". (literally, I'm not exaggerating)

Renata

Reply to
Renata

Once they're in, be prepared to constantly explain to everyone what species they are. They'll be asking if the maple is white oak. Nice combo, by the way! Jana

Reply to
Jana

Yeahbut - we're all a "them" in one area or another. Maybe Rodney King was wrong... :)

Reply to
patrick conroy

that's spelled frootwood....

Reply to