David Marks' "wood selection" episode

¡Muchas Gracias! for the info. I have been thinking about getting one of these animals. Looks like the best features of the Replay brand recorders are about to get killed. Better hurry if you want to share shows and skip commercials. Read this article from CNet.
"2manytoyz" wrote in news:%Xv8b.6051$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

Reply to
Michael Burton

I've been following the commerical advance lawsuit via the WWW. The "interesting" detail about this topic is now Time Warner (AOL) is now offering a cable box rental that has an integral DVR WITH commerical advance!!! In the long run, the American public will decide whether we should be forced to watch commercials, or if have the technology, simply skip them. If they outlaw this technology, someone will be making a fortune selling a box to do this on the web.

The Replay DVR also has a skip button that jumps 30 seconds (standard commercial length), just as my very old Emerson VCR does. Even if they are forced to drop the commercial advance, a few bumps of this button will quickly get back to the show. Never was real big into sharing programs. Nobody on the Replay forums are WWs, so nobody to share programs with.

The absolute BEST feature is being able to talk to the DVR with my computer and extract the files in a digital format. A 30 minute show recorded at in the standard quality is about 450 MB. This easily fits on a CD-R. I filled a Rubbermaid container before getting a DVD burner to put 10 or more shows on a single disk. They haven't threatend to remove the networking feature, so all is well.

Also, that would probably only affect future models of the DVRs, not the ones already sold. ;-)

Reply to
2manytoyz

"2manytoyz" wrote in news:Uz69b.49656$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.tampabay.rr.com:

I was telling my wife about these things last night. I think we are about to bite, and go buy one. I found a Replay 5040 for $149.00 at that link that was posted earlier. I would love to get David Mark's Shows on disk, because you can't buy 'em from DIY. I already downloaded all of the episode pages DIY has listed and found the cut lists on David's Website. I have them all sorted by Show Series, 100, 200, 300, etc. If I could get the programs I would be most pleased. I have seen David's work in different magazines, etc for years and always fell in love with the pieces, but never new who was doing the work. On day I found David's gallery and was blown away when all those pieces I had been drooling over all that time were made by the same guy. If ya'll want, I could zip 'em all up and post 'em to a binaries group.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Burton