Creating the Cauls

I have built a set of cauls for gluing up boards. My projects all revolve around building jigs and benches for woodworking, as I feel like it is good practice.

hope you enjoy it.

Reply to
ExtremelyAvg

When I made my cauls I was worried that separated sides would bend (twist) more than they would if the two pieces were glued directly together, so forgo the "infinitely" adjustable separation between bolts. I put the panels to be glued at one end and then supplement the more distant bolt with a clamp over the panel. I'd make the cauls even thicker, if I did it again. Rigidity is everything.

Reply to
keithw86

You don't need to explain why you build jigs or tools. Building items for the workshop doesn't need a justification.

Reply to
Robert Haar

Rigidity is everything... That;s what she said.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Well, cauls have to be long enough, too.

Reply to
keithw86