Craftsman CopyCenter?

I bought a Craftsman 12" lathe at an auction. It came with a Craftsman CopyCenter installed. It is pretty bulky, and I don't plan on copying any spindles in the near future. Does the lathe work better or worse with the copycenter installed (other than copying of course) I would like to get rid of it because of the bulk, but it if helps, then I will keep it. Thanks.

Reply to
Toller

I think it's called Copy Crafter. I had one--never installed it--sold it. Therefore, other than the name correction I can add nothing of value to your question.

Reply to
LRod

============================================ I honestly do not use my lathe all that much ...but I have had the Copy or duplicating accesory mounted now for at least the last 20 years... it does not interfere with the way I use the lathe....

I did drill and tap more then a few holes in the metal piece that sits in front of the "tube"... so I can mount the tool rest anywhere I need it ...otherwise the copy crafter would have to be removed and stored until i needed to copy a spindle etc (very rare) ...

Not much of a lathe...but then again I am not that skilled either... Just never needed to be ...lol...

Like some one mentioned...the motor cover on mine hit the trash can within days of my purchase....the motor however is mounted on the bench just got tired of lifting the cover to adjust the speed ...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.