Cordless drill jargon

In which case, considerations of ergonomics become more important and you want a drill that won't give you callouses and isn't annoyingly bulky or heavy for the kind of work you do.

Reply to
Gordon Airporte

If you don't know, Harley Davidson and AMC split many years ago. B&D is and has been a very successful company and perhaps they will do a better job than Pentair did. I remember all the squabble and lousy service when PC and Delta merged. This buying and selling of these major brand tools is not a first time thing and the quality of their tools has been worse since that merger IMHO.

Reply to
Leon

Negative, unless you have deep pockets.

Cordless drills, like everything else, start the march to the junk yard the day they come out of the box.

Better tools have a longer journey.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Sure, but when you can get a cheap 18V drill for $30, and a good one is $200, and a replacement battery is somewhere around $75...

I own a Porter-Cable cordless and would probably buy a better-quality one again. But it's because I think it just feels better and is probably tougher, not because I think it's any cheaper.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Yes I did know that since I have owned 4 since the split or debacle as I put it.

Reply to
evodawg

Yes but when you use them everyday like I do. I don't have the time to take the march to the store. My PC 14.4 has been a loyal tool for over 3 years and I don't have a bad thing to say about it. I'm not sure I will be able to say the same if I ever have to replace it.

Reply to
evodawg

Why do you have my name in there? I wrote nothing at all about Hardly Ableson & Co.

Reply to
Charlie Self

LOL. I don't know Charlie. It's a mystery to me. That said, I can find a bug with software almost in the blink of an eye. Looking back, your name was in the top of the post that I responded to. I was negligent in removing your name. Sorry.

Reply to
Leon

I owned a 73 XLCH for 3 or 4 years. I like to refer to it as the Manual Sportster. It left me stranded 4 or 5 times and I finally traced the problem down to a bad connection between the coil wire and its insulated connector. I went back to Yamaha after that.

Reply to
Leon

I use a dewalt 18 v and have no complaints, lots of power and the batteries last a for a fair time before needing recharging. I looked at the

24v outfits and found them on the heavy side to be packing around all day so the 18v works for me, a friend has a 14 volt unit, after using my 18 v for the day he went out and bought an 18 v dewalt, I think the one he had was on its last legs anyway, not pushing dewalt it is just what I have . I think any of the good quality cordless drills will do a good job, the choice of 18v or 24 is a personal choice and perhaps depends on what type of work your planning on doing with it. If it is just for occasional use there are lots of low cost units out there with a guarantee that might work for you, But I think the 18v is still a good choice,

Reply to
Sam