Copy of letter sent to Remodeling Contractor

I recently did two bathroom remodels. I thought about contracting it myself but know someone that does that sort of work. He probably saved me $thousands and got me top quality work. I also saved by going to the local plumbing supply for better price and quality than the big orange or blue stores.

He has 25 years of doing this so by now knows who to call. I would have spend many hours just trying to find out the best tile guy, plumber, etc. I know enough to avoid the big ads in the Yellow Pages.

Oh, paying cash helps too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Had to work out of state a couple of times, and working outside the reach of your proven subs and tradesman can be tough on the budget, particularly if you generally work in a large urban area.

That's the time when two guys, who can do it all, or most all of it, really shines.

... and long as both of them are still relatively young, that is.

Reply to
Swingman

That was the scope, or part of it.

The contractor was just out here today to start finalizing the job.

Turns out that He did not email me the Spreadsheet for the extension, roof, walls, foundation. He only sent me the one that was for the room division or the existing living room into a bedroom and den. The first part of the project. That was for 11 to 13K.

Today he said the total job would be slightly less than 40K so he is going to write her up, and be back in a few days. His price is in the lower section of the bids still. So we'll see soon enough. If I were younger I could do it all, but, I would be working too which would make it impossible for me to do in a timely fashion. He has an engineer He works with who draws up the prints and the load calc's for the roof.

Reply to
OFWW

I can't cite everything it would be boring for most people. Our phones and Tv's, computers, are all wireless, no wet bar in the LR, just a middle class home in So. Cal. Stucco on the outside, with bricks on the lower part of the walls in the front.

New price is slightly less than 40, his spreadsheet only included costs for the existing LR mods. Includes relocating kitchen plumbing a few feet. I could send up a floor plan to the other ng, but with the troll clown about I don't need the aggravation. His "karma" is going to be costly when it hits him.

Reply to
OFWW

There you go ... off the top of my head that's roughly $130sf, which is in the ballpark for my home grown spreadsheets I use for calculating and bidding, which contain historical data from dozens of jobs, from new residential construction, to bath and kitchen remodels, as well as siding jobs.

Sounds like you are on the right track at this point.

Reply to
Swingman

40grand is much more in line with what I'd expect from a reputable builder using legal hiring practices.
Reply to
-MIKE-

Awwwww, looks like mean old Mr troll has acquired rent free accommodations inside your tiny cranial cavity, snowflake.

Dry your eyes, put on your big girl panties and post your nonexistent fantasy spreadsheet wherever your tender heart desires. Reclaim your man-card!

SWMBO

So now you are claiming to be bi-sexual too? Did Mr Woody change your mind?

Reply to
none