Convert a circular saw into a table saw...?

Hi,

How to convert a circular saw into a table saw? Is it any plan available for that?

Thanks in advance Faustino

Reply to
Faustino Dina

Funny thing, my dad did this many years ago to cut some paneling. It worked so well he kept it set up for years out back.

Using a sheet of 3/4 plywood, which could be cut down some, rout a slot near the center for the blade. Mount the circular saw. Flip it over. Now you have a table saw. For a fence, we used some hard wood, I forget the size, 1x3 maybe. The fence was attached with some wing bolts through slots for adjustment. The hard part was to get the fence square. It was crude, but it worked well for large sheets of plywood. An inline switch was installed for power. Sorry this rig was crude, so no plans. It just filled the need at the time.

John

Faust> Hi,

Reply to
John Jacob

Take a look at

plans but may give you some ideas.

Reply to
Roger Martin

Did you not just ask about this a week or two ago?

Reply to
Leon

I recall ShopNotes magazine had a nice plan for just what you want. I didn't have a need for it so I don't remember when the issue was, but I bet if you search their web site or contact them they'd be glad to help you. They sell back issues so you should be able to find the right issue.

Reply to
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Why was there another way ????

Reply to
George M. Kazaka

I was thinking along the same lines, but my circ saw has a button that needs to be held down for the saw to work. If you have a similar saw, might be difficult to table-mount it...

If anyone has idea on how to get around this, I would love to hear!

irax.

Faust> Hi,

Reply to
Iraxl Enb

Twist wire on the around the handle and power switch of the saw to hold it in the ON position, and plug it into a switched power source. Make your own using a light switch and plug from your local hardware place, or use a power bar, or whatever. Not sure if you'll shorten the life of the motor of your saw using a non motor rated switch, but there you go.

Clint

Reply to
Clint Neufeld

Hirshe (sp?) sells or sold a portable table that does just want you want. It has a fence and miter gauge and doesn't do a bad job (not really for fine work). I've got one somewhere in the shed. I used it on site for ripping exterior trim, spacers, etc. Easier than dragging a my delta site saw when only a few cuts were needed. Regards, Hank

Reply to
Henry St.Pierre

My SIL took a $10 circular saw from a garage sale, cut a zero clearance slot in scrape sink cutout, and mounted the whole thing on an old printer stand.

With the addition of a diamond blade, and "fence" C-clamped in place, he had a very useable tile cutting saw. (He didn't even remove the sole plate. He just drilled holes in it and used it to screw to the underside of scrap cutout). It definitely wouldn't pass an OHSA safety inspection, not with that naked blade sticking up, but it works very well.

James...

Reply to
J&KCopeland