Comcast

I have one phone line with Comcast and one with Verison only because Comcast couldnt handle a fax ring. I am very happy with both companies. My comcast internet couldnt be any better. The Comcast TV part Iam not as happy about only because of the steady price increase each year. The way i understand it that each town decides what channels. Our town does not have the same channels as some other surrounding towns with comcast.There is a board of citizens that decide for the whole town and negociate things like a free public access channel, and what chanels There are some towns (very few ) that own the cables and put the service out for bids. I remember a economics professor saying that ATT had a monoply because you cant have 7 telephone poles on each corner. Now we share the distribution and allow different gas, electric, long distance carriers to sell the goods. Someday cable will be that way and should bring the cost down and service up.I would speak to your local Houston area board before blaming Comcast.

Reply to
henry

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Brian Henderson spewed forth:

that they were down. Not even as much as a hiccup. When I was on Comcast it was a regular event

Reply to
ChairMan

"Oscar Garcia" wrote

I uncrossed my u-verse fingers this morning, freeing a big middle one to show to Comcast ... at last!

U-verse looks like it's going to work ... broadband is consistently faster, even though the throughput is rated at 1 meg less ... until next month when AT&T supposedly ups u-verse to 10 megs with their new "Max" tier.

Bye bye, Comcast ... and a virulent pox on your business model!

Reply to
Swingman