clever design table or bench

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/frequentreadyconch
i can see this applied to an indoor location with a finer wood choice
would be great for a studio type apartment or small kitchen

Many years ago, for my first home that had a small covered patio, I built a pair of patio benches that converted to a picnic table - - very similar to this :
http://tinyurl.com/y7z7xcqy
All 2 x 6 pine ; looked nice, worked fair ; eventually became a bit too wobbly for a table but OK as benches. Sorry - but I can't really imagine any indoor furniture situations that would benefit from these.. even if they were better designed and better built. John T.
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:42 -0500 snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

well wobbly can be fixed but usually that has to be inherent in the design and implementation

a playroom or a workroom that could do double duty
it could be taken a step further and fold up again so it has a smaller profile then the bench
On Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:44:42 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Agreed. I had a couple of sets of those, though the "frames" were structural plastic (foam?), with 2x4 seats and 2x6 tops. I used them for seating around the pool and, of course, they made into great picnic tables at meal time.