chisels

Didya ever cozy up with a copy of "Fishing Bamboo", by Gierach?

Nice little book.

(watson - who could stand a good bamboo rod building thread.

Tom Watson - WoodDorker tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (email)

(website)

Reply to
Tom Watson

What kind? Would that be a cotton (mercerized or not), linen, polyester, or nylon thread, Tawm?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've got several of Gierach's books, but not the one on bamboo. Unfortunately, I haven't had the honor of fishing 'boo. Given my neo-Luddite leanings, I'm guessing I would like it. :-)

You go first. :-)

Chuck Vance (all I know about building 'boo rods is you need a planing form ... and a L-N block with the special rodmakers groove)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

Ah yes ... it's not just an adventure, it's a job.

At least you live in an area where there's a chance to bottom-feed. Down hyar in oletoolhail they seem to think that the older and rustier a tool is, the more it's worth ... as a decoration for your "kuntry kitchen". :-|

Chuck Vance

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

I go up to NY and through PA fairly frequently. If you have something in mind, I'll keep an eye open. Send me a cell or other phone number and a price range and if I see it, I'll give you a call and tell you what I'm looking at. You decide whether you want it or not. Better send the info OFF-line. %-)

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

No kidding. :-) Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it the next time I'm in the market. For now though, before adding to my ... er ... "arsenal", I need to consider selling some of the stuff I've got that's sitting unused.

Chuck Vance (not a collector, no sir)

Reply to
Conan The Librarian

I'll be going up to Philly end of August-beginning of September. I was planning on making a 2 1/2 hr trip into a 6 or 7 hour trip, by looking for tools, let me know. Not collecting them, mind you, just shopping for things to use. %-)

Dve in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax