Well, got all my masters cut out, and all looking good. Until I
routed out a couple of pieces. Then little imperfections show up in the
routed pieces that are not evident in the masters. Interesting.
So, I've decided to draw out the patterns from scratch, following
the ones I'd originally started with - but that are off in so many ways.
The centers are a bit slim in the originals too, so I'll be making them
a shade wider, to beef them up a bit. All except the knight that is,
it's not symetrical anyway, and it's looking pretty good as is. I glued
a base on the one I routed out, and It looks pretty good. I had thought
it looked more like a hawk than a horse at first, but looking at it
know, it remind me more of a dragon than a hawk, or horse.
Drawing out the patterns from scratch is only a minor PITA. The
king is almost done, and I should have them all done by tomorrow
evening, if I don't get distracted by something shiny.
Ah yes. Normally I nail my masters on to the wood to be routed.
The nail holes don't usually show so no prob. Being as these pieces are
so much smaller than what I'm used to work for, I found out that pulling
the nails puts a strain on t hem. So, I'll be using a coupe of screws
to h old the masters on. The holes will be filled later, and the pieces
painted probably. Yeah, yeah, I know I could use rubber cement,
double-sided tape, etc, etc., - tied 'em, don't like 'em. Far as I'm
concerned, much less of a PItA to fill nail holes, if need be, than
clean that crap off.
Justice was invented by the innocent.
Mercy and lawyers were invented by the guilty.