Chair Tips

Has anybody found a good way to keep from scratching floors with the legs of a chair? I have Bruce finished oak floor in my kitchen. Over the years I've tried tack bumpers recessed bumpers, carpet faced chair bottoms etc. etc. Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave Best

Doug Brown

Friends are using felt circles with self stick backs. I think these kinds of things need to be changed often or else the sand and dirt stuck in the felt scratch the floor, too.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Felt stickers fall off quickly. You need plastic or rubber parts that connect with a small nail. The best, yet expensive ones, are teflon rings, also nail connected. Good luck.... Max

Reply to
Max63

Doug Brown wrote:

Just had to laugh thinking about the nice (and patient) Mumma who knitted or crocheted little feet for chairs. The best floor protecters I remember were baby socks from Salvation Army held on with elastic bands and washed often.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois