Center Mount Slide Excess Inventory: Where can I sell it.

One of my customers has gone out of business and I have TOO MANY center mount slides in my inventory. I have posted a classified ad on

Are there any other good places to sell excess slide inventory? I would appreciate any help in that regard.

I am new to the group and I am not sure of the group etiquette. Can I post a message to sell the slides to this group?

Thanks,

Mike C.

Reply to
mcorbett

onwww.woodweb.com. Are there any other good places to sell excess slide

Unless I am very much mistaken, you just did.

I'm not complaining.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

I think there is some prefix you can use to indicate you are positing an advertisement. I know that OT = Off Topic to indicate positing that are not directly on the topic of he group. Maybe FS = For Sale?

Why not eBay. It has probably (literally) a milli> One of my customers has gone out of business and I have TOO MANY

onwww.woodweb.com. Are there any other good places to sell excess slide

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Use FS (For sale) or (AD) Advertisement in your header when posting here. As long as you don't overdo it, go for it.

By the way, I looked up your post and the price seems to be extremely reasonable. I take it that the "1029-like" means that they are similar to the Accuride 1029 center slide. Rockler sells these at $6.99 and up ($6.29 in qty).

What length are they? Would you consider selling half-box quantities to a wannabe?

Have you looked into selling them on ebay?

Reply to
Bob the Tomato

Yes, the slides are similar to the Accuride 1029. The biggest difference is that they have a tab on the moving part of the slide, and you attach a drawer by putting a screw through that hole into the back of the drawer. The 1029 has holes in the back of the moving member, and you attach by putting a screw through the slide and into the bottom of the drawer.

The length of the slide is 15" and the tab is at 14". So you are limited to a 14" long drawer. My customer used to make oak bedroom furniture. This slide was used in a dresser and bedside table. I have many other sizes in stock. I can get you a list. I have a lot of these slides, about 200,000 of them that is why I am listing this slide.

I will put together a list of all the slides that I have and their basic dimensions. I will try to email the list to you using this "group" interface.

I will try ebay. The problem is that the slides are not in my warehouse. They are in a contract warehouse. So they charge me a handling fee for each shipment. If I split up a box, it will cost me about $20 + the cost of a box for me to split boxes.

Mike C.

Reply to
Mike C.

If your ONLY participation in this newsgroup is to sell stuff, you will get flamed and/or reported. There are numerous forsale newsgroups with 'forsale' as part of the newsgroup name, for that purpose, though I concur that eBay will probably get you much more exposure.

OTOH, if you are a regular participant in this newsgroup you will not get flamed for posting 'for sales'. Instead you will get flamed for the normal reasons...

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt