CDN suggestions for copper and brass.

I can find brass but brass rod of 1/8 to 1/4" is tough since my supplier moved out of town. Soft copper wire (like household wire) is driving me nuts. I just can't buy bare wire in 1/8" or heavier. I'm tired of stripping the stuff. Anyone have any ideas where to look for BARE copper wire. Winding wire is out because it is coated.

I use a far bit of these in my box making.

Lead as well. I can't find it in sheets of any size at all. I still have a bit of an old 18" wide roll left but have no idea of where to find more.

Reply to
Gino

you can still get lead sheeting, it is used all the time in xray rooms for sheilding, here is one site or you can google lots of sites

Reply to
Donald Guzzetta

Go to your local hobby shop. They usually carry brass sheet, strip and rod and the rod goes up to at least 1/8th.

Alternatively, check out a knifemakers supply house.

--RC

Projects expand to fill the clamps available -- plus 20 percent

Reply to
rcook5

I use rod mostly over 1/8. Welding/braising rods are a 5th of the price of hobby shop stuff. I can't afford to use it. I was getting my stuff from a welding supply house.

If one of these exist in Canada I don't know it. I can't think of what they would have I could use. Copper wire is my biggest problem at the moment.

Reply to
Gino

You might try a scrapper. My Grandfather used to repair electric motors and I remember him burning the coating of the windings before sending them off to the scrapper. It seems to me he also had to clean them up before they got turned in. So someone has already done the stripping work for you.

Reply to
Bill Stock

Not here. It would bring serious fines to burn coatings off wire. Believe me if it was legal I'd do it myself.:)

My local scrap yard is a gold mine for copper sheet, tin, etc, but BIG copper wire stripped, brass rod, and anything lead is real scarce.

Reply to
Gino

It probably wan't legal then either. But living in the country, where the nearest neigbours are your children has it's advantages.

Reply to
Bill Stock