Caulking trim ???

(Inspired by a previous thread)

What do people use to caulk trim with?

I typically do caulk most of my white trim and it looks much better and finished.

Trouble is: the usual stuff turns a little greyish yellow and gathers dust real badly and looks pretty bad after a few years. I is really ahrd to clean back to the glowing white.

I have tried various brands and know the more expensive stuff usually looks better, longer. I would love to try silicone based caulk but fear not being able to repaint properly when redecorating every 50-60 years... LOL

Reply to
Josepi

Dap, latex / silicone based. I always run a wet finger down, it stops collecting dirt that way. And you can paint it too.

I d> (Inspired by a previous thread)

Reply to
tiredofspam

You've got to paint the caulk. Use the same color as the wall, and tape or use a straight-edged mask of some kind so that the top of the baseboard or molding appears to have a constant thickness against the wall.

I usually go around the baseboard like this, sitting down, with a brush and a straight-edged paint mask, painting up onto the wall a few inches above the baseboard. (Do the ceiling line first) Then finish the walls with a roller.

Reply to
Larry W

I always paint over my caulk.

Reply to
Leon

Aren't you supposed to color within the lines?

Reply to
krw

;~0 I can't.

Reply to