carbolineum

I live in Belgium. My father who is 82 years old used aldready carbolineum to protect wood when he was a teenager. Now it seems this product is forbidden due to health and environment reasons. I tried already several alternatives but I don't think they are worth the money I spend on them. Is there somebody who knows a good alternative to protect wood outside? Or does somebody know where carbolineum is still available in Belgium? Thanks.

Reply to
johan audenaert

"johan audenaert" wrote in news:4078d676$0$1362$ snipped-for-privacy@news.skynet.be:

I don't know the answer, but to clarify what I think the question is, this stuff was very similar to what rail road ties used to be preserved with. Since they still do use wooden railroad ties in many places something will have replaced Johan's carbolineum.

Just DAGS'd. look here:

Reply to
Han

Looks like it is still produced way over there. It is available in the United States. Check out

, and contact them for local information.

Preston

carbolineum

Reply to
Preston Andreas

I'm 82, Johan, & ran out today; Try Brico Nivelles, otherwise a tree surgeon.

Bill

Reply to
wilkinsonfoulkes

Unfortunately, Johan found a source for carbolineum right after he asked about it *thirteen years ago* . It quickly degraded his health and he is no longer with us.

Reply to
DerbyDad03