carbide blades for planers?

Hey folks. I have my dewalt 733 planer that may need some new blades soon. Granted, they were replaced recently, but they seem to dull down so gosh darn quick. I saw infinity tools has planer blades that are carbide tipped and had some blades that would fit a dw735 planer. Anyone know if the 735 and 733 blades are the same blades? It would be nice to get some carbides for the 733.... Thanks. jason

Reply to
jason

No they are not the same knives. The 735 uses three disposable knives. The 733 has two resharpenable knives.

Nova

Make that second link:

Nova

The knives in the 735 aren't completely disposable. As long as you use a light touch, removing no more metal than is absolutely necessary to restore a razor edge, they can be resharpened -- perhaps re-honed is a better term -- at least four times. I think I have only one more honing left on mine before I'll finally have to discard them.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Instead of Infinity try Global Tooling:

are a lot cheaper than Infinity and very helpful. I got my carbide knives for 185.00 from global vrs. 259.00 from infinity. bc

Reply to
bc