can't find three-wheel casters

In the "Workshop Book" there's a woodworker who moves all his stationary tools out onto his patio/driveway to work. In the photo, each tool leg rests on a sort of three-wheel, triangle-configured caster. Does anyone know where these can be found for purchase? I've searched all over the web and had no luck.

Reply to
JP

My local Loew's and Borg carry them. They're on the shelf beside the other wheels & castors.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Personally I'd rather have one big wheel instead of three small ones. Easier to roll over the occasional pebble, scrap of wood or electrical cord.

-Jack

Reply to
JackD

Three wheeled casters are for extremely heavy and potentially unstable loads. => a piano for example. They're not designed to go over pebbles or scraps of wood. That's not their function.

Reply to
Upscale

I'll keep that in mind the next time I use a piano to resaw some oak. I'm guessing that 90% of the woodworking equipment in the hobbyist's shop is lighter than my DJ-20, which rolls around fine with large single-wheel casters.

todd

Reply to
Todd

You will be better served by buying Delta mobile bases. They come with a "foot lift" and generally are built like a tank.

Average price for "typical base" is around $90.

Spend the money... this is one thing you will NEVER regret.

JP wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

We call the things 'elephant feet', and use 'em to move heavy commercial cooking equipment (mixers, ovens, etc). They're not for permanent attachment.

OTOH they can carry a _lot_ of weight. No sweat moving a 1500 pound pizza oven around.

Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

On 17 Sep 2003 09:32:05 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (JP) Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

rockler has their version of the delta mobile base on sale right now for 39 bux...for that price, its well worth a look

Traves W. Coppock

I think those would be considered dolly or dollies, since they consist of multiple casters. Hope this helps. BigJoe

Reply to
BigJoe

Reply to
Jim K