CAD Programs

Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs folks here use that are for the MAC?

Reply to
JJM

Here's a year old review of CAD software with a couple for the MAC. Didn't read it, but you may want to check it out.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
Tom H

Give Vectorworks a look. (Formerly MiniCAD)

or

SketchUp.

Reply to
Robatoy

I used macdraft back in the "classic" days. It's updated for OS X:

MB

A copy of a recent post by me and since then i have used it to design my bookcases as seen on my site very easy to use and perfect for cabinet bookcase work and really cheap

Hi Folks

I have just purchased this £60 aus dollars this is the most fantastic piece of software it plans cases beds etc cut list etc. Have been looking for someting like this for ages Thought I would share my experience. Check it out. Cheap and easy to use.

Footnote** this sounds like a bloddy advert sorry its just made my year.

Saw the post regarding TurboCad. I am wondering what other CAD programs

Reply to
Connor Aston

I use Maya - not a CAD program, but mainly used for 3D visual design and pre-visualization. Much of the visual effects you see in the movies is done in part with Maya. And yes I am a professional visual effects and motion graphics designer.

- todd

Reply to
realeyz

JJM wrote in news:f-KdnVVcMd--RQneRVn- snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I use an orginal version of Vellum/colbolt/graphite called drawing board. It was orginally under $100 and now they want 700+ for it. It's discontinued but great for 2D stuff. drafting assistent. Made by Ashler.

Reply to
noway

I don't know anything about their mac version, but based on what you say it sounds very much like the windows version. If so, I'll give this a big "me too". Great program with very intuitive operation (rare for CAD programs in my experience). I wish they would release it to the public domain.

Reply to
alexy