Cad Learning

It is my opinion that programs like Auto Cad and some of the other top of the line products are so complete that in order to use them you really have to take a training course or get a study guide and use it frequently to stay breast of it all. They are very complex.

I especially like DeltaCad because it is much more limited in it's ability and hence has fewer commands to learn. It is Intuitive so to speak, i.e.; intuition almost tells you what to do. A trial version is available at deltacad.com, and it only costs $39.95 if you decide to purchase it.

I have used it for a number of projects and I really like it. Even if I don't use it for a period of time it is easy to get back into without having to re-learn it.

If you begin everything at X=0 and Y=0 and make all lines positive numbers that simplifies life considerably.

Don Dando

Reply to
Don Dando

Nice spam! $39.95 is a rip off for any 2D CAD program, heck $1 is too much. This is 2006 not 1986. 2D Cad should be freeware. It's not useful for much these days with 3D modeling so widely available. Seriously, why wast your time trying to layout 3D objects in 2D, when you can model it and see it in 3D? Most of that is way over priced too if you ask me. There is on that is almost a reasonable price though, Alibre Design. Not the best solid modeling software, but the most bang for the buck in my opinion. Sure Solid Works, SDRC Ideas or Pro-E would be nice, so would having $4,000 to $40,000 to blow on software. I won't say too much on the easy to use other than I have never used a CAD system that I though was all that hard to figure out how to use. Some were more cumbersome to get certain things done, but I never had that hard of a time learning how to use them.

Reply to
Chris W