Basic 3D & CAD programs

Hi All

I am looking for a 3D or CAD program that is relatively simple to use. I=92ve used 3D Max and obtain some good results, creating figures moving camera positions etc.

However I want to design some simple machinery, a movable workbench for example. To make wheels and put a simple spindle through a hole in

3D Max is a complicated process and I am a bit rusty using it.

So can anyone recommend a 3D or CAD program to use?

Thanks

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Sketchup

with SU2KT plugin for photoreal rendering

Adam Aglionby

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Nope, from top bar window>model info> units metric or imperial

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Thoroughly recommended.

But be aware that high resolution printing is disabled on the free version.

Reply to
dom

PrntScrn and Ctrl-V :-)

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Gives you jaggedy screen resolution print outs. They're ok, however for complex images the full resolution possible with the pro version is another world. One solution is to download and install the pro version to another machine and slowly use up the 8 hours free evaluation just using it to print out.

Reply to
dom

In message , Adam Aglionby writes

Ah! Thanks. It's the fading eyes and intellect:-)

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb