cad for shop layout

there is a program called librecad that made it easy for me to enter the shop equipment footprints and to rearrange the layout

every time i try one of these programs the dreaded learning curve makes me hesitant

but this program has a command line so it is super easy to create a block for each piece of equipment and then use those blocks on the master floor plan

rec

0,0 24,36

now you have a rectangle and can then add text with just a couple clicks save it to library/shop directory and librecad will see it

i probably could have done things by using scaling rather than dimensions but that will have to wait for next time

Reply to
Electric Comet

I use Sketchup for pretty much everything. I had to try to get across some ideas for the mechanical package for a product I'm doing at work. We didn't have an ME assigned to the project, yet, so I made the drawings in Sketchup, just to get the idea across.

Which is why I use Sketchup. I have better things to do than learn yet another inconsistent software package.

Reply to
krw

I'm certain that the learning curve will be tough for him on most anything. He can't punctuate, he probably does not have the ability to learn.

Reply to
Leon

Grizzly has a workshop layout feature on their website. Includes footprints of most if not all of their power tools...

bnwelch

own exactly one grizzly tool

but that is a good offering from them

scale cutouts work well too

Reply to
Electric Comet

Electric Comet wrote in news:ounj63$1c4$2 @dont-email.me:

A Grizzly table saw is not likely to be too different than a Ridgid in size. A Jet Bandsaw is likely to be almost exactly the same size as a Delta or a Grizzly.

The tool is useful even if you don't own their tools.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

As a blanket statement, that's not true.

Ridgid has a very limited selection of table saws, while Grizzly has numerous models, some requiring some interesting floor space.

I agree with both of those statements. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03