butchering an old friend

(Yeah, well, duh doofus. If you think for a minute any of those prices are actual figures, you and I need to do some dealing. I have something to sell you. I just haven't figured out what it is yet. :)

Oh, I meant to say $50. That's a much better price for a bag of mildly salty water.

And $7 an hour is well above minimum wage. :)

(Just for the record, I wasn't trying to convey a feeling of incompetent minimum wage nurses, but one of grossly underpaid professional nurses. The earning potential in this corner of the world sucks. Though not as bad as it sucks in, say, South Carolina.)

Reply to
Silvan

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:41:54 -0500, the inscrutable Silvan spake:

Not here. It just went up to $7.25/hr.

Ah, gotcha, and I agree. But reducing the cost of things by reducing the level of corporate greed would be MUCH better than upping everyone's wages. The latter would result in a net loss for the poor as the greed hit the higher wages with higher retail pricing.

Wow, you're still at $5.15/hr in Vag^H^Hirginia? That IS depressing, but SC with no MW is horribly behind the times. Maybe that's why the apparel industry stays there. An interesting link follows.

Kansas: $2.65/hr?

-- Life's a Frisbee: When you die, your soul goes up on the roof. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yes, in Radford. We had a lot of trouble for years over that. SWMBO's insurance would not touch anything except Carilion, and all the Carilion stuff isn't even in this county, let alone over the hill from here. We refused to go to Radford, so we had to settle for insurance that would only pay 60% instead of 80% for several years. That seems to have settled down now.

I'm not quite sure what's going on. When my daughter was born, about seven years ago, it was Columbia Montgomery Regional Hospital, and everything was branded CMRH. Most recently, it's back to plain MRH. I have no idea what that signifies, if anything.

Reply to
Silvan