Brushed aluminum edge banding for IKEA kitchen cabinets.

I hope that someone out there can help me with this one. I purchased some kitchen cabinets from IKEA and they are the glossy red Abstrakt with a faux brushed aluminum edge banding on them. I have to modify one of the cabinets and cut down a door and I am having trouble finding some edge banding that is at least "close enough" to the original. IKEA is no help and will not let me know who their supplier is to order the stuff so I look to all of you out there. I have searched online and can only find brushed brass and polished chrome and nothing in a brushed aluminum or brushed stainless steel. I really don't want to remove all the edging on all the doors and drawers and start from scratch but it looks more and more like the only option.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce E. Harang II

Hi Bruce,

Alsa Corp. web site may be a starting point. They make a product called "FXSheeting" which is a plastic laminate that comes in a variety of metallic finishes including brushed aluminum. See:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova

Bruce, you really should post this is alt.home.repair. :-)

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Doug Kanter