Brand Loyalty?

I'd be with you if only the corded drills had clutch settings and electronic brakes. IMHO the drill is the only type tool that has any advantage being cordless in a shop.

Reply to
Leon

The only time I had "brand loyalty" was when I was buying mostly Craftsman tools... and that was because my neighbor got a 25% employee discount..

I doubt that any company has the "best" tool for all uses.. case in point would be the HF dust collector, which is highly recommended on the wRECk, but who recommends their table saw or their planers?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I see a lot of PC in my place. It's not on purpose though. My first couple of pieces were PC. When I would go to buy a new tool, having had a good experience with PC, if the reviews of the PC were about as good I would tend to buy it.

Reply to
San Diego Joe

I've been a bit biased towards DeWalt for my cordless stuff simply because I've ended up with a bunch of interchangable batteries. Other than that I have a real mix of stuff.

Allen

Reply to
Allen

Yep there's something special about old arn - I've been on a search for quite some time for something very special though apparently very, very elusive. I've been having a hell of a time finding any vintage dust collectors - I pitchur something with a cast iron stand and old watermelon-size motor. None seem to be available - guess they must be hoarded by those lucky enough to own one. I'll keep lookin' tho.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Nope - I tend to just the best tool for the job. Before buying any particular tool, ask or look to see what to the professionals use in that application. For example, I would not normally consider Skil a brand name worth using. However, the Skilsaw Mag77 is the best framing saw made. It's the saw of choice for framers (West Coast USA).

The sting of price is brief, the pain from a cheap tool lasts considerable longer.

Dave An unmitigated tool junkie.

Teamcasa

I've got one Owen but it's strictly a show piece/conversation piece.

No really.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Jpegs please.

Um, pretty please with two cherries on top?

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC