Bidding on ebay

Sure. And no problem. In the very first place I said some sellers

*have morals* and therefore *will not* reveal their reserve prices.

Meaning: to any single buyer over other buyers, in order that bidding remain fair to all involved.

I never* said it is immoral for a seller to reveal.

I did say it is no big deal if a seller does, if all they care about is the $$$$$$$$$$, then not mentioning that it would still be unfair to others involved in any given auction.

Quite a set of differences. If you had read it clearly it would be obvious.

Does that make any sense, as I explained it now? Because you never had me flamed one bit for you limiting your own comprehension.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

And I should have said "go back and read it yourself" because it's all there, clear as toilet water on a freezing day ...

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

But in order for your "morals" clause to make any sense, there must be some nexus between "knowledge" and "fairness" that you have yet to establish.

Uh, you mean there's some other, altruistic reason for an auction? Charity, world hunger? If I'm putting an object up for auction all I am interested in is the "$$$$$$$$$$." What else should I be concerned about?

Really. I am a seller with a reserve. One of the potential bidders askes me what the reserve is. I tell him. How does that net me more money? How does that affect other bidders?

No. Because you haven't established how the revealed reserve has an effect on either the bidding or the other bidders.

The "panties in a wad" didn't cause you to make an immoral outburst? That's a sure sign of being flamed.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Well, too bad for you and your feelings about it, my original intention was about explaining some eBay stuff as it actually is per my experiences and what I know. You really have no genuine flame for me and I am definitely not burned. And you have no argument either. You may ask a seller one day and they may tell you: "sorry that would be unfair to the other bidders", that's all it is about, so take it somewhere else on the back of your own goat, because neither of you got mine with these rediculous arguments, adios.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

No it wasn't. You tried to imply that a seller who discloses his reserve has d>But another point is, some seller are moral*.

And in case we weren't clear about that (which we weren't) you went on to say:

Which you neglected to explain.

But that wasn't the point you were making. You said

Now you say:

But it isn't, because you claim it's about:

In fact, you made a "rediculous" statement and now you refuse to acknowledge how ridiculous it is or back it up with an explanation.

I have no idea what this means.

Hmmm, your record says otherwise (from your response to Unisaw A100 when he observed your panties in a wad):

I'd say your goat was got good. Bye.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I'm sorry but your point is so micro-menial that I couldn't care less. I think no one else cares either. good luck with your arguments in your future.

Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

Methinks you are confusing _morals_ with _ethics_.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Same questions asked before (and unanswered) apply. How is it an ethical/moral shortcoming for the seller to divulge the reserve amount of his own auction to someone who asks?

That's my micro-menial (whatever that is) question.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS ......

And more PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS .....

Reply to
Mark

PISS PISS PISS PISS PISS

Actually, it's not. Anyone can ask so that puts them all on equal footing, just as long as you tell everyone who asks.

We quit using reserves. Kept getting mail asking what the reserve is/ was, kept telling them they would have to bid and find out.

Now we do higher opening bids. Purpose is bidders will know something's sold when they make the bid.

Reply to
Mark

How is disclosing a reserve unethical?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Okay perfect! MORALS is what I meant. Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

OOPS! I meant ETHICS! WHOOPSY! Alex

Reply to
AArDvarK

you may know what you mean, but nobody else here can figure it out. either we're all butt stupid, you are really bad at explaining things or you're blowing smoke.

which is it?

Reply to
bridger