Best Wishes for the New Year

I just wanted to wish everybody here the best for the New Year.

The past year has been difficult for me healthwise and as I'm about to leave it, I do so with the knowledge that my health is considerably more stable and somewhat improved. Add to that some projects I'm currently engaged in that make me optimistic for a significant financial future. At the very least, they will keep me busy.

The people here and the breadth of knowledge that exists in this newsgroup always astounds me. The few idiots that occasionally speak up (and I admit to being one of them once in awhile), are not nearly numerous enough to irreparably damage the social fabric of this newsgroup and that's what's so special about all of you.

So, thanks to all and enjoy the coming year. I will.

Dave Moore

Reply to
Upscale

You have a better year too, Dave. FWIW, you're a source of inspiration regardless of what you do or say. The fact that you're able to carry on the hobby as you are is a source of wonderment to me and should be a point of pride for you.

I know it's therapeutic and likely cathartic to carry on, but I'm sure there are days when it's godamned hard to do too. Stay with it as long as you can.

I agree with the wealth of knowledge here, mostly shared with kindness and the desire to impart what each one knows. To all of you, the best of the New Year, and may all of you have at least one gloat over the next 365 days.

Reply to
Tanus

"Upscale" wrote

Same to you, Dave!

Reply to
Swingman

Same to you! And to all on the 'wreck!

Reply to
B A R R Y

My daughter is building a house this spring, and my trips to TO will be more frequent. IIRC, there are still some un-opened pints near Bloor & Yonge somewhere.

I wish you and all wreckers a healthy and prosperous 2008 and beyond!

Rob

Reply to
Robatoy

Back at you Dave and it is good to hear that you are on the Upswing.

Reply to
Leon

Best of New Years to you Dave, and to all those on the wreck that share their knowledge, experience and give us cause to smile every so often.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

The original ones got drunk a long time ago, but I'd be happy to produce some new ones at your convenience. Let me know when you think you might be in the area.

Reply to
Upscale

Goodby 2007, hello 2008.

Here is hoping 2008 is better for you.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Have one of the best--or the best. And that goes for all of you, regardless of politics.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Mon, Dec 31, 2007, 11:28am snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com (Upscale) doth sayeth thusly: I just wanted to wish everybody here the best for the New Year.

When I first read that sentence I though it said 'visit', and immediatly started thinking up excuses. LOL

I believe the new year looks like it will be decent for me. Hope it will be good for you and yours. And, glad you're feeling better. Been there, done that. Stupid as it may sound, it helps to have a positive attitude, and to ever be optimistic. Live long and prosper.

JOAT If you can read this you're in range.

Reply to
J T