best driver tips

still the best driver bits i have found so far are the ones i got at the marine supply store
they are not cheap but they are the most stout think they are vanadium
the ones at the hardware are mostly crap and lately it seems like i have been burning thru them
none of the ones at the hardware specify the material
think they have figured out how to make planned obsolescence driver bits to sell more
these bits from the marine supply are made by a fastener manufacturer
anyone have a favorite bit brand
replying to Electric Comet, Iggy wrote: Makita Impact Gold. I've always found the Bosch Titanium-coated were a big improvement, but Makita did even better. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-Impact-GOLD-Ultra-Magnetic-Insert-Bit-Set-21-Piece-B-31893/203459383 OR https://www.homedepot.com/b/Makita/N-5yc1vZyg/Ntk-extended/Ntt-makita+impact+gold?NCNI-5&isSearch=true&Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE%7C0

For Phillips 2, I like the DeWalt bits. Most important thing to remember, though, is that bits are consumables and should be replaced when they wear out. It's very tempting to use a bit long after it's worn.
I've got a couple Hitachi T25s that have lasted pretty well. The Torx head itself helps quite a bit as it works more like people expect screwdriver bits to work.
As far as tips for power screwdrivers: 1. Keep the driver and screw as close to centered as possible. 2. Push the screwdriver in to the screw. Let the driver turn the screw, your job is just to keep solid contact with the bit and screw. 3. Use the right size bit. Keep both Phillips 1 and Phillips 2 on hand, if one doesn't fit tightly the other probably will.
Puckdropper