Best Adhesive And Filler For Fixing Old Dovetails?

What's wrong with some quarter round strips glued in the corners?

Reply to
gray_wolf

On 2/28/2019 7:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

Kewl! And thanks! I figured probably _somewhere_ but haven't built a rail-sliding drawer in ages other than very light boxes, etc., such that would have been need...the advent of the under-drawer full-length slide has revolutionized my ideas for desks, heavy chests, sideboards, etc., etc., etc., ..., over the last 20 years so haven't used a tack since.

The dining room sideboard here had nylon buttons and built in the early '50s; was new when folks added on to our "little house" then. Folks brought it with them when they remodeled the "big house" in '80s.

Since we've been back I've had to shim under it since it's suffered the similar fate after those buttons failed and the drawers/slides have worn such the bottom of the drawer front began dragging when closed. I took the expedient of some of the adhesive-backed melamine strip material of

1/16" thickness on the track strips that was "just right" for it...also much lower friction than even the waxed wood-on-wood with a wide drawer containing two full silver service sets plus other serving pieces, etc., etc., etc., ...
Reply to
dpb

On 2/28/2019 6:24 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote: ...

Seems like I recall seeing that before and thinking there wasn't wide enough context to really tell much???

I'll try to go poke at it again and see if any differing conclusion arises...

Reply to
dpb

If there is some carcass space (1"?) at the rear, maybe there were vertical boards along the back (side) edges, that the back panel attached to, rathe r than their attaching to the sides of the carcass. I don't see any nail/ screw holes to support this idea, but maybe the vertical board attachment e vidence are somewhere unseen in your pic.

There's nothing wrong with that idea, assuming I needed an idea. ;-)

There's nothing that needs to be fixed re: the back panels. It was just a curiosity about the way they are attached.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

So, how's the drawer pins repair coming along???

Inquisitive minds and all that... :)

Reply to
dpb

One weekend out of town, one weekend hanging with my daughter who came in from out of town, night's working on my TS arbor.

Haven't touched the drawers. There's no rush. I'll keep you posted though.

Reply to
DerbyDad03