Bentley and woodworking

If I wanted a wood ash tray in my car, I'd build it myself.

FWIW and OT, we need a minivan to haul Mrs. Nonny's electric scooter around and for when we get visitors. My "go to the grocery store" car is a tiny Smart car, which I absolutely love. The Smart dealer here in Las Vegas is also the Rolls Royce dealer and the two vehicles share the same showroom, service department and car lot. On several occasions when I've been over there on business with the Smart car, I've been able to sit in a Rolls while waiting my turn at the service department. The most expensive one topped out at almost $300,000, including a fiber optic headliner (simulating the night sky) for $12,000 as I recall. When you sit in one of those buggys, the whole world goes away and you feel you're inside a vault. Even though they're top of the line and very nice, they just aren't something I lust for. OTOH, the Bentley Flying Spur, with its W-12 twin turbocharged,

600 hp engine is something I'd consider selling a kidney to get.
Reply to
Nonny

My name is Bentley, John Bentley. Give me 20 weeks to deliver and I'll

I'll have a nice car please for no more than 50 quid!

Reply to
Stuart

Actually, I believe a great deal is still done by hand, especially the finishing. I don't think they've invented a machine yet that can pick, match and apply veneer quite like a human.

Reply to
Stuart