Barricade Fence Question

I've been looking into installing a barricade fence around my moms house but the prices are ungodly, well for me at $39.97 a section that is. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just 6' x 8' dog ear pressure treated but one row will cost over $500 not counting posts and concrete. My question is, would it be cheaper to make my own by buying the slats and horizontals or not. We're on a pretty tight budget but the area that was once country woods is now a parking lot so there is a matter of security. Any advice would be helpful in regards of making my own or a tip where to buy at a more reasonable price. So far in Tampa Florida, Home Depot is the best price that I gave above. Once again, thanks in advance... Ray,

Reply to
R.M.R

Buying materials for a 3 rail fence plus rot board with PT lumber and 6' cedar pickets costs about $11 per linear foot for supplies in the Houston area.

Having one built with same construction will run about $25 per linear foot.

$40 per 8' section is CHEAP and probably will not last.

Reply to
Leon