Band Saw Parts needed

This is an unusual thing I have. It is a 1917 Silver Mfg 26 1/2" Band Saw, weighing in at 792 lbs.

An elderly man gave it to me, saying it had been his fathers, and he doesn't remember when it wasn't around.

The only missing part is the assembly that guides the blade. The one-inch hexagon rod that holds the assembly is available and is no problem to procure.

I have no cloo about where to start looking. Old Woodworking Machines doesn't seem to have any leads.

I'm thinking that any industrial bandsaw assembly would work fine for me.

any suggestions?

Have a nice day, woodstuff

Reply to
woodstuff

I have the 32" Crescent. It's the same saw basicly. If you want to see the original, I can send you a digital photo. I think you can adapt a set of large Carter's without too much effort.

Reply to
My Old Tools