Attaching muntins

i am making kitchen cabinet doors in a =93shaker=94 style--flat panel, square edges and on the rails and styles. the last set I need to make are four doors with three glass panes each...so I need two muntins in each door (i hope I'm being clear: each door has three glass panes, one on top of the other, running the full width of the door)...my question is how would you attach the muntins to the door frame?

thanks in advance,

Eric

Reply to
eag111

SonomaProducts.com

Can't be cope and stick because there's no coped edge--the edge profiles are all square...

Reply to
eag111

Ahh, my mistake now that I think about it.

So, if you will really use 3 pieces of glass instead of one with faux dividers, then the muntin would have a lap joint that sits in the rabbit that is only maybe one third as wide as the width of the muntin to accomodate the rabbit for the glass on it's back side also.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Do the lapped dovetail on the back of the door.

RicodJour

Brilliant!

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com