At what speed generaly

should I use this type of bit,bearing in mind I'll have to make 3 or 4 passes for full cut.

of its dimensions further down the page Thanks.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

That's really not that big of a bit (compare it to a large panel-raiser, for example).

12-15k could easily be handled, but you could start at something closer to 10k and see what kind of finish you get. Depending on the wood species and the grain, it wouldn't take that many passes, either, I'd think--that's really not that deep a pattern. If one had a power feeder, two would do easily. By hand, it would be easier to get a nice finish w/ three, undoubtedly, but that would be an option imo, not mandatory.

Judge by the work, though, and your comfort level. You can always start slower/thinner and go up/deeper as you develop experience.

Reply to
dpb

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Bit diameter Maximum speed:

0"- 1? 24,000rpm 1-1/4? - 2? 18,000rpm 2-1/4? - 2-1/2? 16,000rpm 3? - 3-1/2? 12,000rpm
Reply to
Nova