Apparently I was published.

Even a mention of Festool. Another commission!

Is this a rerun? It has a 2016 date but the comments say 5 years ago.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I got this in my e-mail, I was shocked to see my work when I scrolled down..

Leon

I do not quite understand the 5 year old comments. IIRC I submitted this but I do not think it was that long ago, but may be..

The 4 large drawers did not have handles yet, I added the handles about a year after these photos. Most recent photos have the handles.

Reply to
Leon

Had a lot of trouble with the web site Leon, but what I would see looked great!

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thank you Mike, Blame WW Journal. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Projects as that are timeless, perfect for any age/era, besides, maybe Leon is in a time warp.... these days or those days, not sure which.

Congrats Leon. ^5

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thank you Sonny. I probably sent pictures in 5 years ago maybe they resurfaced. LOL

Reply to
Leon

They should pay you for the content with which they use to generate advertising revenue.

Reminds me of when I sent in a tip to Wood magazine or some such other print magazine. They sent me a contract to sign which expressly detailed how, where, and for how long they could use the information I provided them. It short, they could publish the tip in their print magazine or any other publication for a period of 6 months and I was to receive payment of $75 for publication over that time period. Any subsequent publication would require another payment and contract.

One day, I'm on their website and I see a web version of my tip on one of their pages and I see it pop up again now and then on their website and facebook page. Whenever it happens I send an email telling them they are violating their contract and to cease or send me another check. So far all emails have been ignored.

It's not that I really care about the 75 bucks, but they are breaking the law and ripping me off every time they use it. They are making money off content I provided them and using it without permission. Unethical, unlawful, and just downright dishonest business practice if you ask me. If I see it published again, I might just dig up the contract and spend fifty bucks to file suit in small claims court just to wake them up. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm not doubting you, just asking...

How do you know it's *your* tip? Is there something in the images or text that leads directly back to you should this actually end up in court? Something that you can use to prove that it is yours?

Here's why I ask:

The following was stolen without permission from:

Historians and sociologists have remarked on the occurrence, in science, of "multiple independent discovery". Robert K. Merton defined such "multiples" as instances in which similar discoveries are made by scientists working independently of each other.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I sent in pictures and they had their artist draw images for their own illustrations. They're actually still using it and still in violation of our contract and still spelling my name wrong. :-)

These are the same exact images as in the original. And the fact that they are still crediting me would make the judgement a pretty simple one. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Your Honor, the plaintiff has no case.

The tip in question was simultaneously submitted by a Micheal Radcliff and by his own admission, that is not even the plaintiff's name.

If it pleases the court, our office has proof that there are multiple Micheal Radcliff's living in Tennessee. Any one of these Mr. Radcliff's could be the true author of the published tip.

Michael Radcliff in Tennessee - 9 Records Found!

9 Results - Find Michael Radcliff in Tennessee

I don't know why the plaintiff continues to harass my client, Wood Magazine, et al. He has been overloading my client's Inbox with threatening emails, he has disparaged this fine magazine on the internet and he has now filed a frivolous lawsuit. I, on the other hand, respect the fine work that both Your Honor and this court does and I am disheartened by the waste of resources caused by the plaintiff's actions.

I am hereby filing a motion to have this case dismissed. I am also filing a request for a restraining order barring the plaintiff from coming within

1000 feet of any news stand or retail outlet that carries my client's publications.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yea BUTTTTT he has the contract proving he is THE Michael Radcliff!!

Reply to
woodchucker

Bailiff! Whack his pee-pee!

DerbyDad03

Entertaining, but don't give up your day job.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

These are the same exact images as in the original. And the fact that

That's cute but wrong in too many ways to count. Three of my lawyer friends tell me it would be a slam dunk case. One said he'd even represent me pro bono, however, if I hadn't made it clear, it's all hypothetical since I don't really give a $h!t.

Reply to
-MIKE-

"Cute" was all that I was going for. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Duly noted by the court!

Reply to
-MIKE-

IIRC WoodSmith paid me for a tip, a very simple but useful tip. The tip was how to return a rip fence to its exact position after moving it.

There is no end to how long they can publish it past the first time and I do not really care, I got $50 out of it.

The tip, place a clamp next to the fence on the front fence rail before moving the fence. Return the fence back against the clamp when you want to go back to that exact same position. This is handy if you find that you need to cross cut another piece before ripping it to the exact same width as the previous pieces.

Reply to
Leon

Leon was heard to mutter:

Congrats Leon. Very nice job. `Casper