Any thoughts on the DeWalt D55155 compressor?

Spring fever has me itching - to buy a new toy. Twould be my entree into air powered tools. I am thinking of a brad nailer and a compressor. Saw the recent posts on the nailer and have done some homework. Now I am thinking about how to power it. I like the idea of a small compressor - fits into my small shop. And I like the benefits of one that uses oil. Does anyone out there have the above model and would they care to give us the benefits of their experiences?

Reply to
DIYGUY

I have one. It was one of the quietest that had a sound rating. It is still a compressor and is noisy but quieter than any others I've used/heard. While it does have a handle and can be carried it still is heavy but I do heft into the back of my jeep and take it to work sites. It works just as it should and never has needed any service. The ball vale drain is easy to work but it is loud when "dumping air" and works so fast that it freezes the ground below it.

The regulator works well and I like the two connectors.

All in all, I have NO complaints and would buy again.

Reply to
Howard

The only experience I have with those units is seeing a lot of them at tool rental shops. That should give you a good idea of it's durability.

Reply to
mp