Any info on Craftsman "3 in 1" sanding Center

Hi,

Does anybody here have any experience with the Craftsman 6 x 12 in. Sanding Center. (Sears item #00921516000 Mfr. model #21516 ) This is the unit with a belt sander, disk sander, oscillating spindle sander, and built in dust collection. It's imported from China and Palmgren sells the same product with their brand name on it, although for approximately fifty dollars more.

I saw last month a magazine (I think FWW) reviewed 6 x 12 sanders and listed it as an editors choice and this month Wood magazine reviewed sanders and listed it as a top value. I wonder though if this is more for innovation. Went down to my local Sears and they did have a floor model. They wouldn't run it for me but it definately looked beefy. Weighed about two hundred pounds. Nice cast iron tables for each sanding station although the OSS table looked a little small for it's purpose.

Right now Sears has it on sale for fifty dollars off (only on their website) and I'm seriously considering it for my limited space garage workshop.

Anybody here with any experience with this thing?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John

The recent issue of WOOD gave it a pretty good review. In fact I believe it ended up being a best value selection.

Ron

Reply to
RonB