Almost off topic but it reminds me of woodworking (or wood, specifically)

The Barn thread inspired me to post this. I recently had the pleasure of traveling twice to my In-Laws in Clearfield PA and my route was on PA 322. There are several areas where the road is cut through solid rock and the strata of these rocks are very interesting to look at. One area that cathes my eyes is a spot east of Lewistown not far from Arch Rock Road. The rock formations on the north side of the road reming me of the slabs of Bacote that are in my local hardwood dealer (which I drool over each time I visit). I regret not taking any pictures but there are brown, black and yellow veins of rock laid out in a variety of swirling patters. If I use my imagination it looks like a HUGE slab of wood. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking with it. For those experiencing snow right now - as we are -, enjoy it and be safe. For those not, be safe as well. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen