Air nailer to put studs on concrete?

Is there an air tool to nail studs to concrete? I have one of those bullet things now, but don't really like it.

-jtpr

Reply to
jtpr

I saw one on This Old House but don't know the specs, manufacturer or anything else that might help you. DAGS and you'll get a ton of results - even Harbor Freight has one.

Reply to
musials

I know at least Bostitch and Hitachi both sell one. Try a Google search for "pneumatic concrete nailer". The Bostitch runs about $700.00.

Reply to
no(SPAM)vasys

Actually, there is no bullet involved at all. It's a blank. Technically a cartridge case with a rimfire primer and filled with powder and crimped. No bullet.

Anyway, why don't you like it? I love mine. It's exactly the right tool for what it does. At least for me.

Plus I like the odor. Smells like...victory.

Reply to
LRod

BTW those bullet things are called Powder Actuated Fasteners. As mentioned in the above post, they do not contain a bullet, only powder.

Reply to
woodworker88

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

mmmmmmmmmmmm gunpowder

Reply to
NorthIdahoWWer

When replacing the sill plates in a garage recently we used an air nailer that was pump actuated. Very effective and cheap too! Try your local home center or look in the telephone book for an inductrial supplier. Either may steer you in the right direction. Hope this helps!

Tom

jtpr ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) wrote: : Is there an air tool to nail studs to concrete? I have one of those : bullet things now, but don't really like it.

: -jtpr

--