Advice on shaper cutters?

I am getting ready to tool up a shaper for pattern cutting. Edging chair legs, arched end-table spreaders, etc. I want to get a big cutter 3 or 4 inch diameter with a rub coller. I like the idea of using these rabbeting cutters with a single long insert blade. I'll just leave off the rabbet bottom cutters when doing full depth pattern cutting. Cheap and easy to replace the blades and a nice cut I suppose, I never liked the nibble of little carbides.

Does anyone have any experience with any of these. On the Amana's I am interested in both the shear and cheaper (smaller) cutter.

SonomaProducts.com

They both produced a very clean cut run at a low noise level. The nickers are important/essential to the quality of the cut.

Haven't used this particular slot cutter, but have used the Felder 8" slot cutter. Terrific results on both slots and tenon cheeks.

This was on a Felder shaper.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Artherholt