Adjustable Height Workbench

He Did respond.

Reply to
LDosser

Hi Leon,

You are right. I am hoping to get the word out about my bench design. And, the way I introduced myself here was obviously not the way to do it! I would like to extend my apologies for that. I did remove the original posting as soon as I saw Ed's response, or at least I tried to remove it. I really should have gotten to know more about the group before posting anything.

Charlie

Reply to
jack-bench.com

Charlie

Of course you knew that before you posted. The ole "Easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission...", huh. I started to jump as soon as you posted it, but rescinded thinking that at least it was a workbench (and not, say, a tupperware set). Somehow your apology worsens the offense for me. Lets change the subject. What type of woodworking do you do?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

What was offensive? He shared a WOODWORKING workbench he'd built and offered to sell plans.

Reply to
LDosser

Prepared to sell dozens + Pretty fancy web-site = ABUSE!

Reply to
Bill

Well...., I don't have a website at all, fancy or otherwise.

That must make me one of the good guys.

Thank you Bill........., I think...

Reply to
Lee Michaels

"Fancy" web site? Anybody can do that with freely available software. Looked clean and simple. As to "prepared to sell dozens", would it have been better if he'd said some thing like "I'll sell a copy of the plans to the first five who respond"? When you have a set of plans, you can sell one copy or a million.

He wasn't flogging watches or shoes.

Reply to
LDosser

So far as I know Lee, you are one of the good guys. Ask your wife, if applicable, to be sure. ; )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

There's always seems to be at least 1 reader ready to let off a little steam, huh? : )

Reply to
Bill

Charlie,

Thanks for posting this. I may be one of the few who actually spent some time Reading your web site. I discovered that the you gave All the information needed for a reasonably competent woodworker to reproduce your work. If the plans are as good as the thought you put into the design of the bench and the videos on the web site, I'm sure they would make the job easier. I don't need a workbench at this time, but I may have an application for an adjustable height "table" and I'm sure going to go with the ideas and inspiration you have share. If things don't go quite as expected, I may even buy the plans. :o)

Hope some others will go back and check the site.

LD

Reply to
LDosser

Bullshit ... out of all the recent posters you've received more willing help around here than most have in months of participation.

How about getting your panties out of a wad and gracefully give some of it back.

Reply to
Swingman

Hey, Sorry. If you want to support commerce here, then that what we should do. BTW, I'm grateful as hell for the help I've received here!

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Yeah, I'm sorry too ... damned hard to believe the undeserved measure of shit this guy is getting considering all the "commerce", subtle and not so subtle, that has gone on here in the past ten years ... shhheeeesh!!

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote

Careful there Swingman. As per Bill's criteria, you can hardly be considered an objective source.

Cuz you got a "fancy website"!

You bastard. LOL

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Man, that thing is so dated even my 34 year old daughter giggles she browses it. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks, once again, for the kind words. I've got a bunch of stuff to add to it, but it keeps getting pushed to the back burner since I feel the need to update it, but haven't taken the time.

I was toying with the idea of a wordpress or squarespace blog, but getting over the hump of redoing everything is daunting as more time passes.

Maybe one of these days when I get the freedom to act more my age ... :)

Reply to
Swingman

"Swingman" wrote

Not a woodworker, eh?

I like it. Lots of information and a very clear style of presentation. It is easy to follow along with the progress of various projects. A lot of wisdom and experience on those pages. And presented in a manner that mere mortals can understand.

It has a refreshing LACK of artsy fartsy graphics. It doesn't look like some long sales pictch. Yeah, it may take awhile for the pictures to load up. But there is an abundance of said pictures which are included to clearly illustrate the process.

In a world of hype, bullshit and mega google influences, it is a nice throwback to simpler times when men were men and the cyber world was where information was freely exchanged. I learned more about chair building from your chair project than I had in looking at woodworking info for forty years.

You could probably update it a bit, but who cares? Anybody who is interested in the information present will greatly appreciate the fact that it is there. It exists in an increasingly commercial world. Just like old iron, it has an intrinsic value on its own. And it was around long before blogging became a fad!

I was raised with the credo that a man makes his agreements valid with a firm handshake (no fist bumps). I have that feeling about you. You are an authentic human being who does good work and shares that work with us. You don't have to. But you do. And I, for one, really do appreciate it. I said it before Karl, and I will say it again. You are one of the good guys.

Notwithstanding of your lovely daughter's lack of appreciation for "old iron". ;-)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Gosh, Lee ... that was very nice of you. I'm so red reading that that even I can see it. :)

Thank you for the kind words!

Reply to
Swingman

Hell, I like looking through it. I get lots of ideas from some of your projects.

Reply to
Upscale

I had visited your website before but just now I spent a little time looking things over. Many thanks.

Max ( I just hate when someone makes me feel inferior. {:-) )

Reply to
Max