ACQ wood

It changes the normal flow of the thread and makes it difficult to follow.

Why is top posting bad?

Reply to
Robert Allison

What happens when the thread started out top posted? (Sorry, I just had to ask.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Yeah! And sawstops suck. Maybe it wouldn't asplode if she used a right tilt saw like God intended.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning

Naaah ... obviously it only explodes if you're a top poster!

Reply to
Swingman

Don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ohhhhh... so it MUST be true, huh?

Do you have any actual source for this claim? Other than your own fevered imagination, I mean.

I did. I don't. You're FOS.

Doug Miller

She's projecting from the idiotic warning about wood dust maybe forming an explosive mix in air on the msds sheet.

Nancy... Try and find ANY documented case of a wood dust explosion in a home, ever. You can't because it has never happened. It is theoretically possible, in much the same way as it's theoretically possible that a black hole could form in the center of the Earth and destroy the solar system.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I prefer top-posting because, when following a thread, I don't have to scroll through tons of gibberish that I have already read in order to find the gem of wisdom at the bottom. Bottom posting would work if all followup posters would do some selective cuts. For instance, this post is not about the original subject, so I have cut all but what relates to my comments (also changed the subject so readers an choose to ignore this side thread.

Can we just say that different folks process info in different ways and no posting order is right or wrong.

-G (who was messing with USNET before spam was invented - hardly a newbie)

Robert Allison wrote in news:1L06h.3626$5P2.2870 @trnddc02:

Reply to
Nosnibor

Right

No, if we all do thing differently, it gets even more confusing.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The problem is that people don't EDIT/DELETE lines from earlier postings.

It's always useful to edit - top posting or bottom posting.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

How does that help you?

Agreed!

No, t> I prefer top-posting because, when following a thread, I don't have to

How does that help you?

Bottom posting would work if all

Agreed!

No, top posting quickly disintegrates into gibberish. If you were the ONLY response to the thread, then it might work. But when you are just the second response, then there is a response to your response, etc., etc., it is impossible to follow.

Reply to
Robert Allison

That's just retarded.

You're arguing about the order of the thread by asserting that someone would write their own material in reverse order. Why didn't you write:

Or even more ridiculous (but consistent with your lame argument):

Because it's not the same thing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Top posting would never have come into vogue if those so obsessed with bottom posting would be courteous and thoughtful enough to edit out the 300 lines of material just to post "I agree" at the bottom. Most don't. That's the class of people in which you anti-top-posters are lumped. So long as there are so many of them, you'll never make a legitimate case against top posting regardless of how much you stomp your feet.

Reply to
LRod

So that's the reason for bottom posting, comprehension problems. I thought it was Alzheimer's.

Reply to
CW

Here is "Nancy's" posting history:

fredfighter

Well, at first that may seem to be OK, but have you considered the choices available to someone who follows-up to your article?

Reply to
fredfighter

No, not comprehension problems. Comprehension non-problems.

Reply to
fredfighter

> --

I don't give shit if one top posts or not. At time it's a pain in the arch to some times have to scan down to the bottom to read a reply. I rarely if ever top post and I don't get all bent out of shape if one does. If I want to know what the original question was I click on show all messages, then I find out what the question was. I primarily use OLE. I say to one who constantly complains about it, lighten up life's too short. You are liable to have a stroke and die young.

Reply to
Tom

And there's 5 seconds of my life that are gone forever.

Given that "Nancy's" "posting history" equals exactly NOTHING, I want to thank you for just that.

And now, as Joat sez... Eat recycled food and enjoy the afterlife.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

FWIW, was that not less time than you wated reading Nancy's articles?

Reply to
fredfighter