A Short Story

Some years ago, I decided to enter the custom built closet business. In order to get known I did some advertising in the local shelter magazine and signed up for a print ad in the phone directory. Early on, I also rented a booth at a Home Improvement Show. In my booth I set up a typical closet installation displaying what I could do in a customers home. I gave out a myriad of flyers and business cards and to my recollection did not get one lead for my effort. What I do remember is that some guy came into my booth with a tape and measured all the dimensions of the cabinets and told me he could build any of this stuff himself. So much for intelectual property.

Joe G

Reply to
GROVER