A machine question -- on topic!

My worst tool buy was a Skill 1/4 sheet orbital sander. The spring loaded clamps which were used to mount the sandpaper were better suited to break finger nails, and vibrate the nrves in your arm. Finally just tossed it.

Note to Swingman; The ill fitting rubber crutch tips which don't quite fit the legs of those saw stands can be gotten on if you boil the tips. That softens them enough to squeeze them on. Joe G

Reply to
GROVER

there were two sides for 2 saws. It's one of the most handy jigs/tools you can make for a shop and well worth the half hour or so it takes to make one.

Reply to
Nonny

That goes without saying.

"Waste not, want not", as my German immigrant, great aunt often said.

I used one edge for my panel saw, the other for my 690 equipped with a

3/4" straight router bit.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Xmas gift of a B&D electric adjustable cresent wrench. Total piece of crap other then watching the jaw go in and out.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 21:09:50 +0000 (UTC), the infamous Larry Blanchard scrawled the following:

Isn't one of those doodads one of the least used attachments to the HF Multifunction tool, guys? Leetle triangulah sandah?

-- "Not always right, but never uncertain." --Heinlein -=-=-

Reply to
Larry Jaques

'Tis. I believe I still have some of the original sandpaper triangles that came with my Fein. Blades, OTOH ...

Reply to
LDosser

Hey watt can'I sayyy. It dent look like the pisher. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I have this one and it's awesome.

-MIKE-

wouldn't give up this table.

Paul T.

Reply to
Paul T.

Dang that Leon guy eh? Do the smart thing. Wrap it up and give it to him for a birthday or Christmas present.

:)

Reply to
Upscale

reinforcing welds before he got it to his perfect satisfaction, but loves it.

I messed with it a bit on the last job and have to admit that it's the best one I've operated in use thus far. Very easy to fold up and transport.

Mine is shop made and a PITA to move, but works well when stationary, which is what it is designed for, although it works well onsite on a couple of sawhorses. Takes up too much room in the shop though.

Reply to
Swingman

Have tried similar ploys with Leon ... he just gives it right back to you on your next birthday/Christmas.

Reply to
Swingman

With *that* sales pitch??? Nah, I think I'll pass.

BTW, chuck my vote in on the triangular head detail sander/hand buzzer...

jc

Reply to
Joe

I've Ridgid's/Rigid's MSUV (Mitre Saw Utility Vehicle, or something like that) and I can't say enough good things about it. Sturdy, breaks down/moves easily, never had a prob with it. If I hadn't built a rolling cart for my yellow planer, I'd buy one for it as well.

Reply to
Joe

My worst tool buy was a Skill 1/4 sheet orbital sander. The spring loaded clamps which were used to mount the sandpaper were better suited to break finger nails, and vibrate the nrves in your arm. Finally just tossed it.

Note to Swingman; The ill fitting rubber crutch tips which don't quite fit the legs of those saw stands can be gotten on if you boil the tips. That softens them enough to squeeze them on.

Naw those things were pretty HD, IIRC about 1/4" thick there was not going to be any rolling. ;~) He did get to use them as guards. He put one on the end of his BS fence front guide. Another made a handy glue brush water container.

Reply to
Leon

Not in this case ... you'd have better luck getting a hammer handle up a gnats ass.

Reply to
Swingman

[With apologies to MJ because I accidentally sent 1st response directly to him.]

Back in '75 I bought a B&D circular saw and a B&D jig saw - and I still have both. I've probably used the circular saw 4 or 5 times and the jig saw only once.

Bought 'em because they were cheap and don't use 'em because they're /too/ cheap. Their primary value is as reminders to not repeat that mistake.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

The RotoZip has one advantage over typical saws in that its depth can be precisely set. I have a drain line repair on the honeydew list (screw penetrated the PVC drain line, I think) where the RotoZip will come in handy. I can set the bit to precisely so I don't make more of a mess of the pipes in the wall than the builder already has.

Reply to
krw

Co worker talked me into it. It is better than the Rotozip brand for cutting drywall, but I still use a jab saw by choice - it's an age thing ( I know where the saw blade is going and I have precise control of it)! That DeWalt rotozip thing just lives in the box totally unused.

Reply to
DanG

I have a Dewalt stand for my (HF) SCMS[*] It's rather nice and a couple of extra flanges makes it simple matter to change tools. I also have the Delta stand that I use for my DW735 planer.

[*] It's on the replacement short list
Reply to
krw