Subject Author Posted Replies

split logs
I cut a deep ring around a healthy hardwood tree last year. It leafed out, then suddenly started dropping its leaves last July. I cut the tree down last weekend and cut it into logs. The bark easily...
6
6

Deep, wide and long websites on woodworking
Please send me your suggestions regarding the best woodworking websites on the internet. We are compiling a list for > Reply on-list or off-list to Thanks Marty

FA Steel Square Pocket Book roofing carpentry 1912
The Steel Square Pocket Book ,A Practical and Handy Treatise Giving The Best Methods of Using the Carpenters Steel Square 1912 ,by Dwight L Stoppard boards worn,but otherwise a good solid copy.159...

Forrest Blades
Where's the best place to buy them?
3
3

Lumber auction
480,000+ bf via web auction. I monitor their woodworking equipment auctions. Most are for companies in east and south. Came close to bidding on a table saw, but crating and shipping were barriers.

New Breed of Bandsaws, a 14" Bandsaw Comparison Article
If you haven't seen this in this months Fine Woodworking magazine, you gotta read it, especially if you are looking for a new bandsaw. It is also available on line but you gotta have a memebership. I...
34
34

Tips needed with Kreg pocket holes
Read this post a few days ago (), now I'm putting together face frames and want to give feedback and ask for tips. I'm using 3/4" cherry on rails and stiles. Drilling the pockets in the rails. The...
11
11

firewood question
I have some pine that I would like to use as firewood. I have yet to split and season these pieces yet. I am trying to find out if it is really as safe as a hardwood to burn indoors in a fireplace. If...
15
15

OT: dang fires...
Well, San Bernardino Nat'l Forest is burning yet again. This one maybe will thin stuff out enough to slow the advent of future fires. If anyone wants burnt pine, fir, or oak, call the Forest Service....
4
4

Planer question
I have a Ryobi AP13 (I believe that's the model) about 3 years old now. It's serviced me perfectly. However, I've noticed one problem. When planing wider boards, say 10" or so, that have not been...
8
8

Looking for new planer
My little 12.5" portable planer disintegrated when the board got jammed in the cutter head. Roller bushing and sprockets shattered and the sprocket keyway torn off part of the drive shaft. Parts are...
5
5

What to put on new table saw table to prevent rust?
Got a Powermatic PM2000 delivered Friday. Got it all put together, this thing's SWEEEET!!!!! (sorry for the gloat!! ;-) I cleaned off the surface coating the factory puts on, I'm wondering if I should...
15
15

Bench
Some pics of a woodworker's bench just finished: Untitled document
15
15

removing pencil marks
How do you remove pencil marks from wood before sanding/finishing? How do you mark wood when you're planning the cuts and doing the initial layout?
22
22

Excalibur Sliding Table Parts?
Does anyone know where I can get some replacement parts for a Excalibur Sliding Table ? Thanks. SteveD61
4
4