Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 245
Six more items have been posted: http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/Rob
31

Anybody ever heard of "Tool Broker" brand band saws?
I saw this band saw forsale on craigslist: I've never heard of the brand and all my attempts to find any info have failed. I'm pretty handy (die maker by trade) so I'm not too scared if I have to do...
3
3

Abuse Your Old Glue
OK It works. But I still won't trust it for major projects. All ten of the girl's glue ups had to be broken with a hammer. She even got into the smashing fun. The wood broke but the glue did not. So...
14
14

Raised panel/rail & stile bit set recommendation wanted.
I am thinking of purchasing a set and am undecided whether to buy a set that includes a panel bit with undercutting or one without. What do folks like the best? I have had pretty good luck with Katana...
6
6

Log Skidding - One Person
I do a small amount of logging on my property here in Vermont.. some Cherry, Maple etc. and firewood. I need to bring out a few Cherry logs that are 200 or more feet from where I can get my trailer...
12
12

Shocking titebond glue Test
Okay, out to the trash I went. Yes it landed in the thrown out watermelon rind juice. Hosed it down and told the five year old to throw it at the shed while I mowed. It did lighten and thin. When I...
5
5

Titebond 2 Failure
HI all, Coming for some help. I am making new cabinet doors for my kitchen. I am using Santos Mahogany. About 90% of my joints are breaking. I am using Titebond 2 that is about 2 years old. It looks...
13
13

Re: Billy Jon Coogan's first single has been released - "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
Does that include the sounds of buzz saws, routers, drills and hammering drowning out his inane attempts at spamming non music related newsgroups?

OT: An old Internet nugget.
I still like to see this one when it comes around. ATTN: MR BARSS!! I DO agree with almost all of this, so please... have a cup. TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!!...
10
10

permit inspections
Is the inspector a town employee or a contractor. If a town employee they can note obvious stuff, most will just restrict themselves to the permit items. A contractor for towns that have adopted the...
129
129

Tablesaw popped fuse/breaker
I was cutting some 16/4 poplar on the tablesaw and got halfway through it when the saw stopped dead. At first I thought the blade had simply stopped but then I realized the motor was completely off....
13
13

creating an expanding-height stud
I want to put up a sort of lightweight temporary wall, supported by a "temporary" stud pushing up into a (concrete slab) ceiling and down into the carpet. So I'm trying to think of the best way to...
9
9

Lawn mower to trim hedges
Snopes lists it as an unverifiable legend: Plaintiff who cuts off fingers using a lawn mower as a hedge trimmer sues manufacturer.
18
18

Norm and safety
Has anyone else noticed that Norm's safety glasses lack side shields? They don't do much good without them. Walt
34
34

Posts + Gallows brackets
Just mark the joint out carefully on the three sides of the post, score all of the lines with a straightedge and box knife, then use a skillsaw to cut the square shoulder. A few minutes with a sharp...
7
7